An effective advertising and marketing campaign, be it web-based or in print is only good if it reaches and engages your target audience. In today’s time there are countless options to choose from, however, some business owners make the mistake of thinking that search engine optimization (SEO) is the only and best choice. Yes, search engine is undoubtedly a highly effective and efficient channel, but leading local marketing news sites like Marketing Digest highlight the fact it is not your only option.
A MarketingSherpa (@MarketingSherpa) blog article entitled Local Marketing Chart: How do customers search for products and services? by Daniel Burstein discusses the different channels that people use to search for a product or service, and it is not shocking at all that the traditional methods, along with more modern ones have found themselves with a good standing.
Here are some local marketing insights and tips that you can use to create a better and more diverse marketing campaign:
- Yellow Pages Are Still Green And Go – More than 30% of the population still browses the yellow pages, both print and internet-based, which means that it’s still an effective platform for acquiring new clients.
- Company website – You may have a high ranking on search engine results pages, but company websites also play a major role in customer decision and acquisition. Take time to invest in good web design, optimized content, company press releases, and many more.
- Print – Some marketing sources are making claims that print advertising is now dead, but to undermine the effectivity of this traditional marketing method is a big mistake. In today’s highly competitive market, the best way to get ahead of your competitors is to make yourself available on as many platforms as possible.
- Mobile Search – Mobile search has played a key factor in recent search engine updates. Companies should make their websites available and visible in handheld devices through mobile commerce and apps. Many articles like those from Marketing Digest (@mktgdigest), has been steadily giving out content that points to the importance of small screens in the big picture.
- Ratings & Reviews – Another powerful promotional platform is reputation management. Client reviews can significantly affect a consumer’s buying decision, especially if it comes from a trusted source or page. A positive review can easily catapult your number of clients; on the contrary, a negative rating can immediately deter potential clients. Build a good brand image by maintaining a positive relationship with your customers.
Above all, the most important tip to remember is for you to allocate your marketing funds to various platforms that you think will benefit you. Be careful, however, of spreading yourself too thin, and risk minimal visibility on all platforms.
Latest posts by Megan Pearson (see all)
- Professional Web Design Insights for Startup Companies on a Budget - November 2, 2015
- Web Design Tips: Design Websites for Humans, Not Search Engine Bots - October 30, 2015
- Content Marketing News Present Insights for Using Videos Effectively - October 27, 2015