With almost everything being done over the internet, more businesses are harnessing its potential to reach more people and entice more prospective customers. The beginning of 2015 brought a fresh start and inspiration among small to medium businesses (SMBs) in terms of internet marketing. According to a recent survey, 37 percent of SMBs are planning to spend more on their internet marketing strategies this year.
Internet Marketing: How Effective Is It?
The results of the recent BrightLocal (@bright_local) SMB Internet Marketing Survey was published in their article “37% of SMBs plan to spend more on internet marketing in 2015”. In the survey, almost half of the respondents admitted to allocating less than $300 a month on internet marketing, yet 37 percent of them are already planning on increasing their investments for internet marketing.
SMBs are definitely becoming more confident in utilizing online marketing to generate profit. In fact, the survey showed that 75 percent of SMBs report that internet marketing has a positive impact on their business, saying that it’s ‘very effective’ in attracting new customers. With a renewed confidence among SMBs on internet marketing, 2015 is poised to be a positive year for both businesses and SEO agencies and consultants, and is also seen as a “real turning point for the small and medium sized business world.”
Some Helpful Tips
With more SMBs recognizing the power of internet marketing in increasing their bottom line, here are some helpful local marketing insights you can try on your website. Your website, according to Mitch Meyerson for Entrepreneur.com (@Entrepreneur), is the channel where you can provide information about your products and services and your company itself to prospective customers, and you’re more likely to be viewed as trustworthy if you’re able to provide these. In Meyerson’s article “How to Get Online Customers to Find You and Trust You”, he states that to build trust while at the same time educating your customers, these are some of the channels you can utilize:
- Providing helpful information to your customers through your blog is the starting point to any internet marketing strategy, and makes it more likely for search engines to index your site, particularly if it contains high-quality content.
- Social media. This is the most cost-efficient way to reach to more people while simultaneously building a strong online presence and optimizing more links.
- Reviews and testimonials. The more customers praising your business, the more likely prospective ones will trust you.
Internet marketing, however, is dynamic, and it’s advisable for SMBs and big companies alike to keep up with the latest local marketing news and trends through sites such as Marketing Digest.
Latest posts by Megan Pearson (see all)
- Professional Web Design Insights for Startup Companies on a Budget - November 2, 2015
- Web Design Tips: Design Websites for Humans, Not Search Engine Bots - October 30, 2015
- Content Marketing News Present Insights for Using Videos Effectively - October 27, 2015