Optimize Lead Generation & Conversion with These Social Marketing Tips
Today, amidst technological complexities and market uncertainties, growing a business has become a specialized art that only a few have mastered. A key attribute of these experts is their uncanny ability to put their ears to the ground and LISTEN closely to their target audience/market. One of the best mediums for achieving this is social media marketing.
Indeed, social media has transformed into a viable platform for active engagement and interaction between companies/brands and leads/customers on a more personal level. Smart entrepreneurs and marketers know this, and have been taking advantage of some of the most popular social media platforms to gain an edge over the competition. According to a recent Marketo article (@marketo), on average, about 58% of marketers who’ve used social media for three years or longer report a significant boost in sales,
Nevertheless, sales aren’t the sole benefit of engaging in social media marketing, as it can also be harnessed for lead generation.
When it comes to the generation and conversion of leads, a Business 2 Community (@B2Community) feature, entitled “7 Ways Social Media Can Help to Generate Leads,” provides a couple of social marketing tips that can be utilized for optimum results. Listed below are some of them:
- Generate leads by creating visually stimulating content – When producing content for social media, it’s imperative to include visually stimulating content that will appeal to existing and prospective customers alike. They’ll be more inclined to share or retweet your business posts this way. That said, platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter are great channels for visual imagery.
- Pick the right social media channels – The beauty of social media is that you don’t need to be represented in all the platforms. Simply select a few that you’re familiar with, and begin interacting with your online visitors. The more interested they are in your page, the higher your chances of converting them into actual customers will be.
- Don’t be too salesy – After deciding what content to publish, you have to make sure it’s not too pitchy. Unlike other marketing tools, lead generation and conversion are achieved on social media through relationship-building, not hard selling. Of course there’s nothing wrong with promoting your brand, but the focus should be on creating content that people would easily relate to and will keep them actively engaged.
Above all, keep your ears to the ground by staying abreast of social marketing news. Informative websites like Marketing Digest deliver the latest news and developments in the digital marketing industry for your reading pleasure.
Latest posts by Megan Pearson (see all)
- Professional Web Design Insights for Startup Companies on a Budget - November 2, 2015
- Web Design Tips: Design Websites for Humans, Not Search Engine Bots - October 30, 2015
- Content Marketing News Present Insights for Using Videos Effectively - October 27, 2015