While some companies would prefer to focus on one specific channel for their marketing campaigns, multi-channel marketing can be even more effective when utilized correctly. The key, of course, is understanding your target market; the more you know about their habits, the more personalized and engaging your campaigns will be. Here are some online marketing tips that you can use to choose the correct combination of marketing channels:
- Do Market Research – Do your research and get to know your target market. What is the common age bracket? What do most of them do for a living? What personal insights do they possess about your industry? These are all simple things, that when targeted with the right content and CTA, will yield positive results.
- Look into Cross-Channel Marketing – The decision on which channels you should use depends on your customers’ habits. For example, adult consumers typically read the newspaper during mornings, then use computers during work time, and finally, watch TV in the evenings. Using this information, you can already target them at the correct channels, at the right time. Note that according to Megan Marrs’ WordStream article (@WordStream), entitled “Multi-Channel Marketing 101: Why Does Cross-Channel Marketing Matter?,” random combinations just won’t do.
- Customize Content – One mistake that companies make when using multi-channels is re-using the same content. A long and interesting article may have garnered you some likes on Facebook, but don’t expect the same response on radio or Twitter. Keep yourself updated with online marketing news from reliable sources like Marketing Digest in order to learn the rules for each channel, and you can easily dominate the play board.
- Influencer – According to an article, entitled “6 Steps to a Dynamic Multichannel Marketing Strategy That Gets Results” by Entrepreneur.com contributor Gideon Kimbrell (@Entrepreneur), you would do well to leverage industry influencers. With the correct influencers, you can speed up your customer acquisition process. These people are those that others would look to for advice; their words may be even more effective than your best content, simply because they already have the public’s trust. A combination of great content and the right influencers can be groundbreaking for your business.
- Show Appreciation – Make your customers feel appreciated. What makes social media so powerful is that it gives your customers a voice. Your customers can transform their experiences with your business into reviews that get posted on social media. Reviews affect the way the public sees you and has an impact on your bottom line. Long story short: keep your customers happy, and you will also be happy.
It is important to remember that the correct marketing channel combinations can transform into sales, but wrong channels would only result in wasted time and effort. Finally, budget allocation should be monitored regularly.
Latest posts by Megan Pearson (see all)
- Professional Web Design Insights for Startup Companies on a Budget - November 2, 2015
- Web Design Tips: Design Websites for Humans, Not Search Engine Bots - October 30, 2015
- Content Marketing News Present Insights for Using Videos Effectively - October 27, 2015