Online Marketing News: Proper Budget Allocation is Just the Beginning
Proper budget allocation is essential to driving successful marketing campaigns. Spend too much on one aspect and you’ll end up wasting your limited resources; spend too little and you won’t meet your targeted results. In an Entrepreneur.com article (@Entrepreneur), entitled “5 Ways To Optimize Your Digital Marketing Budget,” it was emphasized that strategically allocating your budget will create the best outcomes with the least waste, but it can be a challenging task since marketing budgets are frequently tight.
This 2015, the majority of global marketers plan to increase or maintain their digital marketing spend. According to a report from MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs), entitled “2015 Digital Marketing Budgets: Top Priorities, Metrics, and Challenges,” 38% of marketers plan to shift their advertising efforts from traditional means to digital forms, and a large portion of their budget will be invested in social media and mobile advertising. However, this assessment may not hold true for all businesses, as certain businesses may find it more effective if they invest in other areas.
Here are a few online marketing tips to remember when planning your budget:
- Experience is the Best Teacher – Based on your past marketing campaigns, what strategy worked best? Focus on what has been effective for you and try to better your strategy by incorporating more updated methods into it. Sometimes all you have to do is make small changes in order to create a bigger impact.
- Take All Resources into Account – Money isn’t your only resource. Remember that time, equipment, and labor must also be used wisely and distributed properly. You may have a sufficient budget for your desired marketing campaign, but if you lack the manpower or the time to get it done, then you’ll still fall below your target.
- Metrics – It is important to keep track of your performance, and regularly assess if the projected results match the current progress you’re making. To do so, you’ll need to identify which metrics to use and monitor. The most popular metrics analyzed by companies this 2015 are revenue growth, customer satisfaction, return on investment, customer retention rate, and customer acquisition cost.
- Anticipate – From your current marketing plan, which do you think will be the most challenging? A skill that top businessmen possess is the ability to anticipate the challenges ahead and then come up with potentially effective solutions.
In order to effectively plan out your budget, you must study your target market well and pay close attention to the latest online marketing news from trusted sources like Marketing Digest. The right information along with good foresight is a perfect recipe for an affordable yet highly effective campaign.
Latest posts by Megan Pearson (see all)
- Professional Web Design Insights for Startup Companies on a Budget - November 2, 2015
- Web Design Tips: Design Websites for Humans, Not Search Engine Bots - October 30, 2015
- Content Marketing News Present Insights for Using Videos Effectively - October 27, 2015