- 1. Why is there a Marketing Digest Authorship Program?
- 2. What are the benefits of joining the Marketing Digest Authorship Program?
- 3. Content Submission Guidelines
- 4. Content Submission Process
- 5. Publishing Criteria
- 6. Tips to Get Featured
- 7. How Can Content Boost your Authority
- 8. Tips to Promote your Content and to Boost your Authority
1. Why is there a Marketing Digest Authorship Program?
The Marketing Digest Authorship Program was conceived to provide a venue for subject matter experts in the online marketing industry to connect with and engage their audience through their valuable, helpful, useful, high-quality content.
It is because you need a platform to establish and grow your authority and credibility, as well as gain a huge following.
2. What are the benefits of joining the Marketing Digest Authorship Program?
- Gain Exposure
Join the Marketing Digest Authorship Program and you will gain exposure through your published content through the industry's soon-to-be well-known and highly respected online marketing news site: MarketingDigest.com.
- Establish Authority and Credibility
Establish your authority and credibility with your audience by submitting compelling, high-quality content to MarketingDigest.com.
- Get Promoted along with MarketingDigest.com
MarketingDigest.com is a new digital marketing news site that will be aggressively promoted through organic and paid methods. As we promote our site, your published content and your name will be promoted along with it.
- Get Published Immediately
Now, you don't have to wait for months or years to have your article published* on an online marketing news website. Submit your content to MarketingDigest.com and connect with our audience.
*Articles must pass editorial guidelines.
Display your Badge
Marketing Digest VIP Authors will get exclusive author badges that link to your Marketing Digest Profile Page with your articles. You can embed the badge on your website, blog, and social media posts.
3. Content Submission Guidelines
We expect our contributing authors to abide by the following content submission guidelines:
- Contributing authors must agree to submit original content.
- Marketing Digest will have exclusive rights to your published content. Contributing authors are prohibited from publishing the same content anywhere else to avoid duplicate content. However, you are allowed to post snippets of your content published at MarketingDigest.com on various channels with a link back to your published content at MarketingDigest.com
- You are allowed to reference other content to support your article with proper attribution.
- Contributed pieces must cover topics in the area of online marketing.
- Contributed pieces should not directly promote or sell yourself, your business, your products or services, or other entities. The focus of your contributed pieces should be on providing informational and valuable content to your readers. Your business information will be on your profile page on MarketingDigest.com.
- Your written articles should not contain any hyperlinks to your business website. Hyperlinks to your business website will appear on your profile.
- Full disclosure of business relationship is required at all times. Our editors reserve the right to remove self-promotional content and links, as well as make major edits to your submitted content prior to publishing.
- Your written articles may contain original images, illustrations, infographics, or videos. If you are going to include content that you do not own, you should acquire permission to use it or should ensure that the content can be used with proper attribution. You will solely take responsibility for copyright issues that may arise from your published content.
- You are encouraged to submit creative and entertaining content as long as it is informative, educational, valuable, and useful for our readers.
You are allowed to use your own unique style or technique. You may use devices such as humor, irony, sarcasm, etc. in your contributed pieces –or submit content in the form of an allegory, parody, satire, etc.
- If accepted as a Marketing Digest Author, you will receive detailed posting instructions.
4. Content Submission Process
5. Publishing Criteria
Contributed pieces need to meet the following criteria before it is published:
- Contributors must abide by the Content Submission Guidelines.
- Submitted content should be focused, coherent, cohesive, concentrating on a major topic or a series of well-connected topics related to the online marketing industry.
- Submitted content must be informative, educational, valuable, and useful for our readers.
- Contributors are expected to submit well-written content. Proper writing conventions (spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax, etc.) should be observed.
- Contributed pieces should be highly readable. We recommend short paragraphs, concise, and clear sentences.
- Content should be unique. Contributing authors are not allowed to plagiarize or paraphrase existing content. A special tool will be used to verify the uniqueness of all contributed pieces.
- Contributed pieces should contain accurate information. If information comes from third party sources (i.e. not originating from the contributing author), this information should be hyperlinked to the original source.
- Contributing authors must clearly indicate quotes/excerpts lifted from third party sources as such. Quotes/excerpts should also be hyperlinked to their original sources.
- A creative and entertaining style of content is welcome as long as it is consistent, coherent, cohesive, and helps drive the point.
- While you are encouraged to express your opinions, analyses and recommendations, these should be backed up by supporting elements, such as sound arguments or credible sources.
6. Tips to Get Featured
Your readers are looking for useful, high-quality content that imparts fresh insight, knowledge, and practical tips that will help them with online marketing. Keep the following tips in mind when creating content for MarketingDigest.com and you'll improve your chances of getting your content featured:
Keep the following tips in mind when creating content for MarketingDigest.com and you'll improve your chances of getting your content featured:
- Is my contributed piece informative? Will readers learn something important, gain a better perspective on a topic or issue, or acquire actionable tips from my contribution?
- Is my contributed piece sufficiently compelling? If my content is meant to be humorous, entertaining, or sarcastic, does it fulfill these objectives? Would readers enjoy reading my piece, or would they find it bland?
- Does my contributed piece present refreshing, groundbreaking, and practical information/tips/analyses?
7. How Can Content Boost your Authority
Readers visit MarketingDigest.com not just because they're looking for the latest online marketing news, but also because they're looking for practical, insightful, and actionable information that will help them with online marketing.
By having high-quality, valuable, and useful content published at MarketingDigest.com,that demonstrates your subject matter expertise, you can establish your authority, earn trust, as well as build relationships with your audience. In the long run, this will develop into loyalty and word-of-mouth marketing for you.
The longer you invest in your content marketing on MarketingDigest.com, the more trust you'll earn, the stronger your relationships will be, and the more established your authority will be. What's more, high-quality, informative content earns greater shares through channels like social media and email. Earned shares will enable you to expand your reach, allowing you to earn trust, build relationships and authority to a larger audience.
Content marketing is often not just more cost-effective than many traditional marketing methods. In an age where content is king, and is dominated by the Internet and tech giants like Google and Facebook, content marketing produces better, more scalable results.
Build your content on MarketingDigest.com and connect with other professionals, businessmen, entrepreneurs, and influencers. Connect with potential leads,and convert them into clients (who will then recommend you to other qualified leads), and push more leads down into your marketing funnel!
8. Tips to Promote your Content and to Boost your Authority
You've produced a great piece of content that has been accepted for publication on MarketingDigest.com. The next big step is to let the world know about it!
You'll need to promote and distribute your published content on MarketingDigest.com via social media channels and blogs, as well as your contact and email lists, to reach a wider audience.
Serious or entertaining, your informative and compelling published content should be read by as many people as possible to establish your authority. Your audience needs to read your analyses, insights, and recommendations. And they will be compelled to interact with you. By demonstrating your expertise, you'll win their trust and build relationships.
Many potential clients might be needing your help; however, they won't be inclined to contact you if they don't know anything about you, and haven't come across any original content from you that demonstrates your expertise.
Don't just rest on your laurels once you get published on MarketingDigest.com—start promoting your content today!
I. Promote your guest posts through social media channels
Major social media channels—like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+—are great for promoting your guest posts on MarketingDigest.com. On your chosen social media channel, upload the image used in your published guest post,add a short description, add the URL, and then click post/tweet/share, etc.
- Start by sharing the link to your content on your Facebook Profile or Facebook Page.
- Try using different headlines and descriptions when sharing your content on Facebook. For example, use a portion of the headline, or the intro paragraph. Assess what works best and gauge what draws the most engagement from people.
- You may post a photo instead and add the headline, description and URL in that post. Use the image used in your published article on MarketingDigest.com
- Schedule the updates to go out severaltimes on launch day and subsequent days.
- You may share to Facebook directly from the MarketingDigest.com page where your content or guest post is through the social sharing buttons on MarketingDigest.com
- Post the link, using a URL shortener, of your content to Twitter. Add relevant hashtags to your tweets whenever applicable. To save space, you can add hashtags to words that can be found in your tweet. For example: "Optimizing your #Content".
- You may include a photo in your tweet. Use the image used in your published article on MarketingDigest.com
- Schedule updates to go out four to six times on launch day, and then two to three times on subsequent days. You can use Buffer for Business to schedule tweets.
- Split test between three to five tweets to help you determine what works best and what doesn't.
- Use @mentions to alert those you've mentioned in your published content on MarketingDigest.com.
- You may share to Twitter directly from the MarketingDigest.com page where your content or guest post is through the social sharing buttons on MarketingDigest.com.
- Submit your content on MarketingDigest.com to StumbleUpon right after it goes live. Write a custom headline and description that would appeal to people who might stumble upon your post randomly.
- +1 your content on MarketingDigest.com to let people in your circles and extended circles know about your content.
- Next, share it to your Google Plus stream. Don't just submit the link with no description or headline. Follow these pointers:
- Put a headline and description (use either a custom one orre-use the one from your content at MarketingDigest.com)
- Add the link; for example: "Read it here: MarketingDigest.com/your-content"
- Include shout-outs to people/businesses that you've mentioned in your content using the "+" sign
- Include an image used in your published content
- You may post a photo instead and add the headline, description and URL in that post. Use the image used in your published article on MarketingDigest.com
- You may share to Google+ directly from the MarketingDigest.com page where your content or guest post is through the social sharing buttons on MarketingDigest.com.
- Start by making a status update with a link to your published content or guest post on MarketingDigest.com. Share this link multiple times with different questions or commentary to spark discussions.
- Create LinkedIn groups that cover your areas of expertise and topics you cover on MarketingDigest.com, and invite other like-minded members to join the discussion and share content.Regularly share your published content on MarketingDigest.com with these LinkedIn groups.
- Join existing groups of your interest that also cover your areas of expertise and topics you cover on MarketingDigest.com,and share content with group members.
- You may also join existing groups and share content with group members. Regularly share your published content on MarketingDigest.com with these LinkedIn groups.
- You may share to LinkedIn directly from the MarketingDigest.com page where your content or guest post is through the social sharing buttons on MarketingDigest.com.
II. Blog about yourguest posts or published content on MarketingDigest.com
Don't just share it, blog about it!
Add a "Published Content on Marketing Digest" or "Guest Posts on Marketing Digest" page on your blog and list the links to all your published Marketing Digest content there.
On your own blog, create a new blog post, upload the image used in your published post on MarketingDigest.com, and then write an introduction, or a short description or a commentary about your published post on MarketingDigest.com.
You may add a snippet, or an excerpt, composed of 1 sentence or 2 from your published post on MarketingDigest.com
You should not copy the entire content of your post onMarketingDigest.com as you will produce duplicate content as a result – and duplicate content is frowned upon by search engines.
In your new blog post, add the URL to your post on MarketingDigest.com.
III. Create follow up posts on your blog
One of the best ways to drive additional traffic from your guest posts on MarketingDigest.com to your website is to write follow up posts relating to your original guest posts onMarketingDigest.com.
In your follow up posts, you may put trivial updates, or commentary relating to your original post published on MarketingDigest.com.
IV. Contact people you've mentioned in your guest posts and let them share your content
Go through your published post on MarketingDigest.com, list all the people and brands you've mentioned, get their email addresses or Twitter handles, and inform them that you've mentioned them in your published posts.
In many cases, you don't even have to ask them to share your content. Many of your associates appreciate positive references and will proactively share your posts on their own channels.
V. Email links of your guest posts to subscribers of your email lists
You can also cast your fishing nets into deeper waters by emailing links, (with an intro, description, summary or commentary) of your published posts on MarketingDigest.com to subscribers of your email lists. By engaging your subscribers with your published posts on MarketingDigest.com, you'll be able build your authority and credibility with them.
Your insightful and informative published content might be helpful for your subscribers, and they will certainly be impressed that your work has been published on a highly respected online marketing news site like MarketingDigest.com.
Also, your subscribers may forward your email to their friends and colleagues, or share links to your posts on MarketingDigest.com via their social media channels. These measures will bring even more traffic to your website, will enable you to widen your audience, and will broaden your following.
VI. Comment on top blogs and link to your published content on MarketingDigest.com
Strategically placed comments on top blogs with links to your posts on MarketingDigest.com can significantly boost traffic not only to your posts on MarketingDigest.com, but also to your website.
Pay attention to blog posts about developments in your niche, and if a blog post can be related to your own post on MarketingDigest.com, leave a constructive comment and add a link to your post on MarketingDigest.com.
VII. Respond to your readers
Engage with your readers. Respond to their comments and queries and make an effort to help them. This in turn will build your relationship with your target audience.
VIII. Look for link roundup posts
Link round up posts are blog posts that feature other bloggers' posts. They tend to appear weekly or monthly, and revolve around a common topic.
You can find link round up posts via Google Search. Try performing searches like these:
[YOUR KEYWORD] roundup
[YOUR KEYWORD] this week
top[YOUR KEYWORD] posts
Once you've found some great link of round up posts, contact the people publishing them and ask to be included in the next edition.
IX. Link previous guest posts to related content you're currently working on
Keep a list of all your published posts on MarketingDigest.com. Whenever you're working on a new post, you can go through the list, handpick osts that are related to the post you're currently working on, and add links to these previous posts.
Linking new content to your previous posts on MarketingDigest.com will not only ensure that the latter remains useful, but also expands the overall reach of your content.